Almost every makeup client I work with will ask me what my favorite products are. Now, being that I try new beauty products ALL the time, this is a hard one to answer! Below are five products I find myself continually repurchasing for not only myself, but for clients as well! Enjoy!
1) Kat Von D Shade + Light: This contour palette is one of my faves because I find it truly does work well on a variety of skin tones. It is also extremely pigmented, so a little goes a LONG way. This product can help carve out cheek bones, slim your nose, and give your fivehead (I mean, forehead) a smaller appearance. Not only does it have the contour shades, but it has highlighting shades! It has three off-white to yellow toned shades that you can set your under eye with, or carve out those cheek bones even more.
2) Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer: Have crater sized pores like me? Cool, glad I'm not the only one. I have tried literally over 50 primers trying to find something that would help cover the appearance of my pores with zero luck. I finally came across this miracle in a bottle! It has a thick consistency, so a small amount of product goes a long way. I apply this only where I want the look of my pores minimized. Once you have this applied and the rest of your makeup on, you'll be sure to notice the difference! PS- it also helps cover redness!
3) Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer: This product will CHANGE your brow game. Seriously. It is extremely easy to use, and their shade range is great! I typically go with "dark brown" which is similar to the color of my hair, but just a bit darker. It also will last you a VERY long time, so the $23 price tag is well worth it. Use small, flicking motions to create the look of natural hairs on your brows. Fill in any sparce areas, and you're good to go! Brows really do shape your face, so if you're going to skip a step, don't let it be the brows!
4) Lorac Mega Pro 3: This eye shadow palette is one of the most versatile on the market! It has 32 shades that can take your daytime look into a night out look with just a few colors! I am a neutral shadow girl to the core, so the light purples, mauve's, and various brown shades speak my name. The colors allow even beginners the ability to create a soft, elegant look. Of course, there are some fun pops of color throughout it as well for you fun- colored loving people!
5) Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: Better than whaaat? Yep- this mascara is that amazing! Like the primers, I've tried numerous mascara's without much luck. I want volume and length with no messy raccoon eyes. This has been the best I've found! It glides on easily, and after just two coats, your lashes are transformed! I will say, the waterproof version of this flat out sucks, though- so stick with the pink colored tube.
Hillary Fay, Vermont Makeup Artist.